A Golden Era.

As I write today, I can’t help but wish I was back at my school desk writing the syllables.
What happened? Where did the time go? I swear it was only yesterday, i was out in the park playing cricket with friends who are now only a happy memory of my childhood. I still remember my first day at school, and oh how did i forget that stepping into college the very first day felt exactly the same. Too scared of all the new people around me, with whom i have to spend the next four years with, all those unknown faces made me quiver from inside.
“I wish that i could go back in time, to relieve those days free of worries, when i used to wait for the clock to strike 5:00 so i could go out and play. Oh! How i miss those days when i used to tour the city with my cycle gang, and play cricket in front of my little castle. I wish that i could turn back time to the days when we used to fight for the little things, so i could relieve it all again.”
We have come a long way.

Switching from using a pencil to pen in 5th standard was the first time we all felt like we’ve entered our adulthood, didn’t it? Well we kind of did, mistakes could have been erased while using pencil, but with that blue ink on the paper it was impossible to erase those mistakes staring right back at us.
So many things have changed since then, from the posters on the walls, to family photos, from falling asleep on the couch to magically waking up on the bed (oh that was amusing to me), from waking up to mum’s voice to hearing that annoying alarm ring in the morning., from waiting eagerly for the dinner to making it myself today, but what i miss the most is not having to worry about my sleep as i could literally fall asleep at any time of the day and everyone would love me for that ( hands down it was the best thing).
But today, as i sit here writing, all those memories come back to me as a happy one, i long for those days. I wish, i really wish i could turn back time, (but  am not kiterestu nor do i have a doraemon), so that’s pretty much impossible.
All that am left with today are those happy and fun memories that make me smile everytime they cross my mind.
So here’s to our lost Childhood

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TWO LIVES IN ONE

Thou Shalt Not Stopeth!!

Oh captain! My Captain. - An ode to yourself.